We have recently appointed Chris Duckham as Facilities Manager within our Property Management Department. Chris has spent many years in the construction industry and brings with him a wealth of knowledge and expertise that further strengthens our Property Management Department.
His role is to co-ordinate, over-see and project-manage maintenance works to our client’s portfolio consisting of more than 400 commercial properties throughout Cornwall, Somerset and Devon.
As Facilities Manager Chris is now the first point of contact for any maintenance issues, be that reactive or planned. The role encompasses everything from changing a light bulb to overseeing a complete refurbishment and redecoration of a property.
The key benefits a dedicated Facilities Manager brings to our clients and tenants include:-
· Centralised reporting and tracking though our management software.
· Accurate and timely financial information for service charge budgeting and control expenditure.
· Regular Building Fabric reports and updates.
· Regulatory and statutory health and safety and building engineering requirements.
· Regulatory and statutory compliance through proactive monitoring and management.
· Supply chain management – delivering value and using the right contractors and suppliers
· Safe working environment – health and safety compliance and managing our approved contractors, providing visibility and consistency for our management team and clients alike.
Associate Adam Hayes who heads up our Property Management Department says. “With Chris’s appointment we are able to implement our structure plan and provide an even better service delivery to our clients and tenants alike and also improve efficiencies within Miller Commercial. These efficiencies ultimately being passed onto our clients and tenants.”