As Chartered Surveyors, Miller Commercial are one of the market leaders in Devon & Cornwall in terms of size, breadth of experience, depth of knowledge, and sheer number of transactions successfully concluded. Our dynamic multi-disciplinary Practice business model of specialist departments enables us to respond promptly to clients' needs, so that it can deliver the best advice and service.
With roots dating back to the 1950s, we became Independent in October 1994. The business has grown substantially since then, and especially so throughout the recession of 2008 to date, and with three Partners, our staff now total around 25 personnel. This provides a stable platform for high quality, commercially driven property advice across a full spectrum of services. Our Partners lead a growing and dedicated team of professionals and support staff who are loyal to the business. We all strive to deliver the best advice, client care and market intelligence, and of course, knowledge. Miller Commercial complies with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors Rules of Conduct, Manual of Estate Agency and Practice and, in addition, operates its own Quality Assurance procedures.
Miller Commercial is headquartered in the City of Truro and, with an office in Exeter, has a reputation for delivering excellence as a result of our unrivalled market knowledge. We are constantly seeking to improve our service levels with innovative and clear thinking. Our core values stand for professionalism, quality, integrity and reliability. We actively embrace Equality and Discrimination principles within our working practices.
Our "Directory of Services" notes our comprehensive skill base:-
- Landlord & Tenant advice for Rent Reviews & Lease Renewals
- Valuations for loan security and a number of other purposes
- A full range of Agency functions for empty and operational business concerns, including shops, offices, industrial premises, caravan parks, hotels, restaurants and the like
- Property Management Service & Project/Facilities Management for commercial and residential block Management.
- Investment & Development appraisals/agency
- Planning & Building Surveying Consultancy
- Rating Advice
- Grant Application Advice
- We are Accredited Trainers for the RICS and have an active Graduate Training scheme
- We have 5 Members of the RICS Valuer Registration Scheme.
- We have a ISO 9002 Compliant Quality Assurance Policy and actively support the RICS Lifelong Learning Training Programme which all staff use to add and refresh their skills
- We support local Charities and sponsor events such as CAMRA Falmouth Beer Festival and Truro Golf Club
- We are on all the major Clearing Bank Valuation Panels
- We have one of the largest dedicated Specialist Team of Business Transfer Agents in Cornwall and Devon
- We have Members of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- We have Members of the Rating and Valuers Institute
- We seek to provide good value for money and repeat business
- We are instructed on a large number of major schemes
We constantly invest in the firm's staff and technology. We advertise on various websites including RightMove, Vebra, Business for Sale and Daltons. We also have an in-house Press Officer to help promote our clients' properties and businesses.
As a testament to our continued success we have recently won a number of high profile awards including the Estates Gazette's Most Active Agent in Cornwall for the last four years.
If you have doubts about instructing Miller Commercial, simply ask us to demonstrate our market knowledge in terms of the number of similar transactions we have been involved and compare that to our competition. We are always happy to offer referees.