Chartered Surveyors and Business Property Specialists
Public house for sale / Freehold

£775,000 Guide Price

Connect with Agent Download Brochure PDF
For Sale
1/17
Fullscreen

The Star Inn and Penzance Brewing Company, Crowlas, Penzance, Cornwall

Connect with Agent Download Brochure PDF

Overview

  • RENOWNED LOCAL PUBLIC HOUSE AND BREWING COMPANY
  • AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 1999
  • COMBINED TURN OVER OF OVER £430,000
  • 4 BED OWNERS’/LETTING ACCOMMODATION
  • LARGE CAR PARK
  • ENERGY PERFORMANCE ASSET RATING ‘B’ (49)

Opportunities such as these are rare to the market: an award winning brewery, freehouse with accommodation and the opportunity to expand the business.

The Star Inn has been recognised since 2000 by CAMRA and present in the Good Beer Guide since 2002 where it has remained for the last 23 years. On the premises there’s a small set of barns which in 2008 saw the beginning of Penzance Brewing Company being formed and this has gone on to successfully provide 20% of the revenue through the Star Inn itself and the remaining 80% of the revenue servicing approximately 15 pubs in the local area.

Penzance Brewing Company’s beers have been listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide since 2010 and has a strong following with a plethora of CAMRA awards at Cornwall, South West and National level.

The Star Inn lies on the A30 in the village of Crowlas. Crowlas is about 3 miles east of Penzance with St Ives about 7 miles to the north and St Michael’s Mount around 1 mile to the south.

Penzance itself is home to the mainline train link to Truro, Exeter, Bristol and onto London Paddington.

Interested in this Property?
Connect with our Expert

Jonny Bright Commercial Surveyor View Profile

Call: 01872 247022
Email: jb@miller-commercial.co.uk

Other Public house Properties you might be interested in

Available Leasehold
1/11
Public house to let
£17,500 Per Annum Excl
  • GROUND FLOOR LOCK-UP PUB/BAR
  • FLEXIBLE LEASE TERMS
  • TOWN CENTRE LOCATION CLOSE TO CAR PARKS
  • SUITABLE FOR RETAIL/CAFE USES
  • AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
  • ENERGY PEFORMANCE CERTIFICATE – APPLIED FOR
Mike Nightingale Partner
Sold Leasehold
1/1
Public house for sale
£89,950
  • PICTURESQUE VILLAGE INN
  • POPULAR COASTAL HAMLET
  • STRONG TRADING FIGURES
  • SPACIOUS OWNERS FLAT
  • WELL PRESENTED THROUGHOUT
  • GENUINE RETIREMENT SALE
  • VIEWING RECOMMENDED
Partner
Available Leasehold
1/17
Public house for sale
£175,000 Guide Price
  • PICTURESQUE 16th CENTURY PUBLIC HOUSE CLOSE TO THE NORTH CORNISH COAST
  • SALES IN EXCESS OF £950,000 FOR THE LAST FINANCIAL YEAR
  • WELL PRESENTED THROUGHOUT
  • CIRCA 90 COVERS INTERNALLY WITH A FURTHER 70+ EXTERNALLY
  • LARGE TRADE CAR PARK
  • SPACIOUS OWNERS’ ACCOMMODATION
  • ENERGY PERFOMANCE ASSET RATING ‘D’ (78)
Jonny Bright Commercial Surveyor
Sold Freehold
1/1
Public house for sale
£425,000
  • PERIOD FREEHOUSE IN EAST CORNWALL
  • 6 LETTING ROOMS (5 LET)
  • 2 OWNERS FLATS
  • LARGE CAR PARK , REAR TERRACES
  • NET T/0 £224K, GP 61.4%, EBITDA £92K PA
  • GENUINE RETIREMENT SALE
Graham Timmins Associate / Head of Business Transfer
Available Freehold
1/8
Public house for sale
£550,000 Guide Price
  • PICTURESQUE 16TH CENTURY VILLAGE INN
  • TWO SELF CONTAINED APARTMENTS
  • CAR PARK AND BEER GARDEN
  • TRADITIONAL BAR AREA AND SEPARATE FUNCTION ROOM/RESTAURANT
  • EPC D92
Graham Timmins Associate / Head of Business Transfer
Available Freehold
1/34
Public house for sale
£575,000 Guide Price
  • POPULAR PUBLIC HOUSE WITH LETTING ROOMS
  • 3 LETTING ROOMS & OWNERS ACCOMMODATION
  • 50 INSIDE COVERS
  • ALL FIXTURES AND FITTINGS INCLUDED
  • TURNOVER £168,580 GROSS OF VAT
  • ENERGY PEFORMANCE ASSET RATING ‘B’ (43)
Jonny Bright Commercial Surveyor